Friday, July 20, 2012

Sunday Sunsets and Too Fast and Too Fun

On Sunday I was not feeling well. I got the flu bug that Sam did and man was it a bad one. But a bit of Ibrophen and I was game for Sunday night sunset. We ate with the Pollards at their Turtle Bay Condo and then headed out to Pipeline. Jake feel asleep on the way with his glass on just right. Cute boy.

Auntie Joan didn't disappoint with her smores! They look delicious on Jayne.

Nor did the sunset disappoint. It was incredible. Here's Katie.

Andrew, Emily, And Katie with the sun.

And last but not least- Kayla!

The largest group yet showed up! And one of the best sunsets for sure.

Favorite part of Sunday.
 

Monday we met to go surf. We drove to Kahana Bay, where my kids learned to surf, but it was flat as a pancake. So we took the Pollards to Castle beach. It was super fun to boogie board, surf a bit, and play in the waves. I could go to this beach and never get bored. It is so much fun and beautiful.


Ellie gave some mini surf lessons and Emily was able to get up. I think they all had a lot of fun just trying.

Here's the crew. 

Off to get some shave ice. I love this picture because it seemed like not so long ago, the Pollards were the little ones, and my kids were babies. Now they are so grow up, it shocks me. You can see Jayne attached to Kayla's hip. I think Kayla carried her around for the 4 days they were here. Jayne loved every second of it. They are such good sports.

The Famous and delicious Matsumotos. We couldn't NOT take them and my mom.

Mom was cracking us up with her outfit. She kept worrying that it didn't match. No one else seemed to notice, and she looked better than I did- that's for sure.

Tuesday we headed out to beach it and hit some major rain. So we stopped at Ted's for lunch. Here Jayne is demonstrating the pose to be painted on the wall.  Such a cutie.

Because of the weather we took off to Halewia and did some shopping. Mom was able to get some fun things for birthday gifts and I mostly wrestled the little man who is loitering below.


 We got a bit bored, so we all put on our temporary tattoos. Joan said she got some respect after that!
 

After Halewia we all jumped into Waimae Bay. I love swimming there with the gentle swell that makes you laugh as you try and get out. Even Mom jumped in for a bit of a swim. Such a great time. It was so fun to have the Pollards be our neighbors again for a couple days. It was too fast and too fun1

No comments:

Post a Comment