Thursday, May 17, 2012

Get Away for the Weekend & Mother's Day

Here one of the many blessings of having Aunt Nancy stay with us. She gave us the gift of taking care of the kids for the weekend, so we could get away together. Seth got us a hotel on Waikiki and we spent two nights there. After a week of no sleep, we both craved a bit of sleep. Seth threatened stopping at the clinic to get me codeine so we could sleep in the same room together. I promised him that I was feeling better, but I let out one cough and he was turning around for some cough syrup. Fortunately I really was feeling better and we slept great. We made it to Halewia for some great Thai food. I was reminded again one of the reasons why I fell in love with this man- pure communication. There is a long story behind that, but I love to talk with Seth. He makes me laugh and cry. It is so nice to talk with someone and really have them understand. It was great. Plus the food was awesome. I took this picture to have just a snap shot of that great talk and lunch.
Here's Seth posing below at the Cheesecake Factory for our friends, the Weeks, who told us that we suck because we had escaped our children for the weekend plus went to the Cheesecake factory. We weren't even planning on eating there until they told us that. So we ate the Cuban sandwich on their recommendation and it was awesome. So good. Highly recommend it. 

Its kind of funny that we barely left the block from where we were staying, but the joy of living here took off the pressure to go sight see. Instead we just sat by the pool. Then took a nap. Then went back to the pool to hear the band for happy hour. Then hung out. Ate sushi and went to a movie. We never get to do that, especially by ourselves. It was great. We spent a long time talking and catching up which was therapeutic for me. I could you a vacation like this more often. I am sure we all could.

We made our way back across the island on Sunday morning to join the kids for Mother's Day. I feel very blessed to be a mother of these four little monkeys. I love them to pieces. As I thought about each time I became a mother, each experience was very unique. Each baby was prayed here. And each was a blessing.

I had to teach Relief Society at church that day. I was assigned to teach "Opening you soul to the Lord in prayer." It was a perfect topic for me, since I needed a good refresher on prayer. I was great subject to talk about on Mother's Day because I don't know anyone who prays more than mothers.

After church, Seth and the kids made dinner. Seth made salmon, Sam made roasted potatos, and Ellie made a salad. It was de-lish. I got to talk to my Mom and Seth's mom and wish them a Happy Mother's Day and then we hopped in the car for a sunset at Pipeline Beach. It was incredible. Here are a couple pictures below and yet I still feel like I can do the sunsets justice.

Here we are all set up to watch the sunset. I wanted to get a picture of Nancy with the kids. They just adore her and she is great to just laugh at and with these little funny people. 



Here it is!


Here they are catching the sunset. Four little bodies! 


Could that cloud not be any cooler? Sam and Ellie pointed out to me that it look like a giant whale. 

 Seriously

Aunt Nancy's silhouette.

 One of my favorite pictures of the night. Unposed and perfect. These four are who made my mother's day so amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment