Wednesday, May 16, 2012

School and Stuff

This is a totally random post. But here you go. First, Jake is working on getting a record deal. Here he is below singing at the top of his lungs on stage at Surfin Tacos. The microphone isn't on, but he did have an audience. He is such a funny kid. Jayne tried to join him and he pushed her of the stage. 

Aunt Nancy joined the ranks of home schooling. It was great to have another helping hand. The kids all love her games she had on her Ipad. She helped Jayne fix her pincher grip holding her pencil. (Which is something I would have totally missed.) She's read to all the children and distracts Jakey so I can finish up math or reading with the other kids. I love these pictures of the kids surrounding her.



We have a public library in the next town over, so we took Auntie on a bike ride to the library. We chose all our books with recommendation from our Aunties. After we crossed the street to go get some grilled corn on the cob. Then we biked home. It was a great adventure. 




Amy has been fired from her job as homeschool teacher. She fired herself. Ha! I have found that I am a terrible homeschool teacher. My kids are too smart for me. I need a teacher for myself. But really, we are trudging through math, reading, and writing. That is done daily, and beyond that we have choosen different subjest weekly that usually have to do with Hawaii. We've studied that Hawaiian language, so we can read street signs a little better now, but still struggle with people's names until we can see them written down. We've studied seals, sharks, geckos, and volcanos. And we put an extra effort to learn about our surroundings when we are out and about- like the pineapple planatition or the taro fields. So I would say the kids haven't had a traditional education the last two months but if you need to know the state fish of Hawaii Sam and Ellie can tell it to you. It's the .....

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa!



No comments:

Post a Comment