Monday, May 21, 2012

Waimae Falls with Crazy Kids

Off we went to hike to Waimae Falls again. It is such a beautiful and kid friendly hike. It was a treat to take Aunt Nancy. She kept saying, this is beautiful, this is amazing, this is so lovely. Its so nice to take someone on your adventure and have them appreciate it as you do. Both Ellie and Jayne have added to their vocabulary the word lovely, thanks for Aunt Nancy. And Jake now calls me Amy, thanks to Aunt Nancy. Ha! So funny. This time when we hiked, we took the pathways to the side of the paved trail. It added a new adventure and perspective. 
Jayne loved this "lovely" flower bigger than her head.

Ellie loved this giant leaf, bigger than you body.

I loved hiking through the topical forest with my four little people. They have such good questions and great imaginations.

And we made it to the falls. No problem. 


This giant volcanic rock they are sitting on is so awesome. They all jumped into the pool and swam to the falls a couple times. Jake swam for a bit but had rubbed sun screen in his eye (from throwing a fit when I put it on) that his eye was all swollen. So he was a short timer.

He didn't even make it back to the parking lot before he fell asleep. So we ate at the visitor center while he slept.

Yesterday I was looking at the picture I took for the kids the second day we were here. It seems to me that they have grown so much. I have never taken so many pictures as I have here, but with the mounds of pictures, I can see the difference in their growth. Maybe they seem older because they are tan and blonder. I can't really put my finger on it, but they seem different. Jake is talking like a champ and pretends that he wants to be potty trained. (I am ignoring him.) Jayne has physically grown, I can see it in her clothes. Ellie has major callous' on her feet because she goes everywhere bare foot. And Sam has such surfer hair, I can't bare to cut it. I love it! 

Hawaii has been good to us. BUT, Seth says change is coming. He has said this before and it has always happened. So I am bracing myself. No answers yet, but lots of prayers to be directed. My top concerns with Seth's health and the future for the kids keep me a bit sleepless, but all in all, I will trust that the "Orchestrator" (as Nancy says) knows what's best for us. 


And the evil chocolate face keeps us laughing along the way. What we do without this girl? She grabs my phone and makes videos that would make you all pee your pants, they are so funny. The blog doesn't seem to be allowing the videos, so I will compile them and then we can have a Jayne film fest when we get back. Wear your depends. 


1 comment:

  1. Oh, Amy.. I am laughing aloud! You have the sweetest sense of humor!! I love you.... You are so LOVELY! Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete