Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What's Going On

We are just enjoying a bit of Hawaii time. Taking things slow. The picture below is usually what is happening from my point of view. That is my chubby leg and those are my two ankle-biters. These two are so attached to me. Which has its good and bad. I love these two to pieces. But sometimes I need to walk, and when they have a hold of your ankles, it makes it a bit challenging. Not impossible, just challenging. Jake will not let anyone help him. He won't let anyone get him out of his crib, or carry him, or feed him. I have to be absent to have other's help him. Seth is great at distracting him when I need to escape, like run to the grocery store. Jayne would also have me attached to her, but she is super happy to have Dad as well. I know it doesn't last forever, so I will hold on tight, and I am sure I will miss it when they aren't holding leg anymore.


My next story is a good indicator of my state. Ellie had a loose tooth that she worked on all day. Wiggling and wiggling. She even used a brush pick to get some leverage to pull it. She got it out. Made a little paper envelope and put it under her pillow. I knew the Tooth Fairy would need to appear that night. Although I was super tired, I couldn't quite fall asleep, so after Seth fell asleep I came out the couch and worked the blog and then watch something on Netflixs. I had asked Seth if he had any dollar bills to help out the Tooth Fairy and he had said that he had some in his wallet by the side of his bed. So at about 1 a.m. I finally decided to go to bed and fortunately remember what I needed to do. I quietly went into my bedroom and creeped around the side of the bed and found the dollar bills. I "left" two dollar bills out for the Tooth Fairy and fell into bed. The next morning, in bounces Ellie, "Mom, mom, the Tooth Fairy brought me $13 dollars." Oh. Opps. Sam,"Unfair." (For sure). It was then I explained to Sam that the "Tooth Fairy" must have been REALLY tired last night, and didn't see the extra $11. Just a mistake. Sam's reply,"I hope the Tooth Fairy is tired when I loose my next tooth." He and I both laugh and Ellie keeps bouncing around. I guess I have been a bit tired. 

After Saturday chores, we hit the beach. Back to Castles, to boogie board and a bit of surfing too. 

Jake is so happy right here. He loves the waves, the sand, and time with the family. Little boys were born to play on beaches. He feels right at home here.

Ellie taking a breather. 

I love these next set of pictures as Ellie brings the surf board up the beach. It is an 8 ft long board, so it is quiet a bit bigger than her. 






I broke my rule of no buying any kids clothes while we were here. We were at the second hand store, Savers, and we needs a couple things, and we got sucked in. Jayne found this little back dress, so Hawaiian right? Black sequined. I told her, no. She begged and begged. And since it was cheap and I had a 30% of coupon, I bought it for her thinking I could save it until this winter. Nope, she's worn it almost every day since. So she was out dancing in this beautiful light and I had to take a couple pictures.




She pulled her hair out of her little braid and bun and then asked me to take more pictures. She's such a fashionista. She looks so big. Not sure I am ready for this one to grow up. I posted on Face Book,"Dear Jayne's Husband. Please have a lot of money. She is high maintenance." She already had some parents reply, willing to take that gamble for there sons. Heaven help us when she is old enough for boys. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Amy, your portrait photography skills are amazing!! Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete