Sunday, June 24, 2012

Hike to Pu'u O Mahuka Heiau

We had spent a little too much time at home with Sam being so sick and I was getting a bit claustrophobic of our 1400 square feet. So the kids and I went on a drive to play at the park at Sunset beach and check out some locations for photo shoot. I talked to a local at the park and he told me to check out the overlook to Waimae Bay. We drove up the mountain, and took a back road to Pu'u O Mahuka Heiau. It is an ancient sacrificial burial ground in a fantastic location. Of coarse my kids had no shoes on, but that didn't stop us. We took a short hike to the overlook. I am sorry I didn't take picture of the burial grounds, but here are some pictures of the look out and hike to it.


This is over looking Waimae Bay. I am not sure I will take clients here since they could fall to their death off the ledge. But its a great look out. 

Here's my boys.


And here's my girls.


Who wouldn't want to hike here? Who needs shoes?

Looking for another location for photo shoots I took these pictures in front of the Bone Carving Truck. I really liked it and I really love these people. 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy! I haven't seen or talked to you in a while but I know my mom has given updates on our family. I hope things are going well in Hawaii. My husband and I got to visit last year and it brings back so many memories (his cousin lives there--I'm sure you have met them by now, Jen and Kevin Castle). Anyway your family looks great and happy. Good luck. Andrea (Whitchurch) Beck

    ReplyDelete
  2. amy these pictures are so amazing. we must find that hike!! you are so adventurous. what a view! the pics of the kids are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete