Thursday, June 28, 2012

Time Moving Slowly

Today Sam said,"I can't wait for this weekend for two reason. One, because I can't wait for time to stop passing so slowly to get my fire knives. And two, because I get my fire knives." Yes, Seth said that Sam could get fire knives. They are $300. (Whoa there.) And Seth is such a softy that he told Sam we would pay half if he would earn the other half. He's been working like a dog- babysitting for us, doing extra chores, cleaning out cars, and joining the girls in their bake sale (you'll hear about that later). Today's date he is $16 short. But Seth let him order them last weekend with understanding he would earn the rest this week. Get ready ER!!!
Even though I laughed at his impatience for time to pass, I understand what he is saying. I am ready to know what is in store for us. Where we are going. How things are going to work out. I feel like the last two months of really putting an effort forth to figure this out has moved very slowly. It can be difficult because everyone who calls (out of complete love and concern) asks what's next? I have no answer for them except- its gonna all work out. Sometime is feels more like- its gonna all work out? And I am sure that when we look back we will see how the pieces to this puzzle all fit together.
The interesting thing about time is that the last five months have flashed by us. To think its the end of June and then we only have July is unbelievable. Didn't we just get here? And it feels like we are just getting comfortable. We are finally getting it. I will not deny it will be very hard for us to leave this place.
So when it all feels a little heavy-we go to the beach. Atleast that's how I deal with it, and I drag the rest with me. We had been told from locals about a beautiful little bay just other side of Turtle Bay called Kawela Bay or the locals call it- Secret Bay. You have to take a short hike into it, but it was well worth it. 

As we are walking in Jake said,"In the Jungle." With these big trees and vines it looked like we were in a jungle especially to a 2 year old whose only reference is the cartoon Diego that he watches diligently every day. He can sing you the theme song. So here they are in the JUNGLE!

These trees are pretty impressive.

He didn't want me to post this picture but here he is. Pre shower, a bit of licked kitty under that hat. He is sporting our trusty backpack beach chairs. Highly recommend them. We take them everywhere and stuff them with all our beach junk. 


Here's the view from the jungle. A beautiful, very calm bay and all to ourselves. (Actually there were 4 other people there, but we didn't pay attention to them.)


Two of the other people had this giant floaty out and while they were eating lunch on the shore they let the kids go out and play on it. It was great fun. As they were out there a big sea turtle swam up right beside them. We saw about 8 turtles in the bay. The water was a bit murky because of the rain storm, but we are told that on a clear day you can swim and snorkel right up to the turtles. We're going back on a clear day. 

I fell in love with this picture of these two. These two are bestest friends. They love to talk with each other and go places together. I think that this adventure will effect their relationship for the rest of their lives. I became really close to my younger brother and sister just we hit college, and I love them dearly,and have great memories of our time together running rivers, hanging out, and even leaving on missions to Brazil together(even though we left our baby sister behind, alone, with full attention of Mom and Dad). But these guys have a head start.


No comments:

Post a Comment