Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sunday Sunset at Pipeline Beach

Here's what we come to see. Rose will laugh because I say its my favorite part of Sunday.

 This last Sunday our friends, the Hughes, asked if we could have dessert with them. We agreed but only if they would join us at Pipeline beach to watch the sunset. They were totally on board and said they would bring dessert. Then the Uluave's texted to see if we were heading to beach for sunset. We had invited them the week before and they couldn't come. So they joined us and brought their relatives too. Then our neighbor's, the Galeais, were walking by and of coarse we invited them. So when we showed up to meet the Hughes our party was a bit bigger than they were expecting. We ate all of their desserts and the Hughes were so gracious. I guess we've never been very good at keeping things small.

 Here is the majority of rug rats that we brought along. They enjoyed the view from the lifeguard station.

Here's Seth and the brothers. Jason, David, and Tommy. Great guys, every single one of them.

I know what you are thinking, why would you be at Pipeline when you should be at Sunset Beach. Well, they are only a mile apart and Pipeline is a big flat beach with plenty of room to run, its off of the highway, and great waves to watch. And its the same sunset!

Our neighbor, David, brought his drum, and there was an audience, so guess who started performing. Yeap, Jayne Elizabeth, entertainer extraordinaire! Fortunately, the Hughes' daughter, Ava, is just like Jayne, so the two performed all their Tahitian moves. Even Jaker's joined in. I wish my blog would take video's because I got the greatest video of Jake and Jayne dancing. Umm, actually it was pretty incredible and I think Jayne will remember it for the rest of her life. I know I will. 
 Jake's sudo "Haka" that is really Tahitian.                                    Jayne sporting her moves.


Then Ellie and Isa Hughes took the stage. Ellie somehow has turned part Polynesian. It's the most awesome thing. She is learning to dance Tahitian and is actually quite good at it. 

But then it is time to go. The darkness over takes us and we have to wait a 7 more days to do it again. But on Sunday evenings, you'll know where to find us. 


And it really comes down to this. Sure bliss.

2 comments:

  1. Amy!
    Absolutely amazing!!! You are the most amazing photographer!!!
    Pipeline sunset...on Mother's Day comes into focus.... I can feel it, smell it, and see it.
    I love it that you have difficulty "keeping it small".
    My love to all those white Christensens....
    Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy-
    Hahaha! "The whitest on the island!"
    This blog is HILARIOUS! I love it!
    Can we PLEASE feature it on Dwellable?
    Send me an email if you're interested: jane(at)dwellable(dot)com.
    Hope to hear from you soon,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete