Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hanging Out At Home

This past week, with Seth gone, we stayed home and tried to get back in the groove of school. It was a bit painful. Its just too fun to have cousins and friends to play with 24-7. But on Wednesday, we did had an awesome visit from some good friends, Jonathan and Cherie Francom. We were friends with them in Portland. They moved and we moved, but we caught up with each other here this week. I feel lame because I didn't even take pictures with them. We joined them for an awesome morning at Turtle Bay for some snorkeling and hanging out. Ellie took these pictures of me and my little best friend who is attached to me, where ever I may be. 
Even if I try and snorkel for a minute. (But I can't help but notice again the most beautiful clear blue water, gorgeous.

Thursday I plans fell through, so we decided to bike to the library. The closest public library is the high schools library in Kahuku, the neighboring town only about a mile and a half away. We biked over on a bike path connecting the two towns. We got off a bit later than I had hoped, so we stopped at Tiki's Grill, a little mom and pop drive through for some burgers and fries. The owner came out and gave us all some hot cake. Check out the ham (Jake) showing off his big piece of chocolate cake. He cracks me up. The expression of Jayne in the background is awesome as well.

 And with the two turkeys below, now we know where Jake gets it from. Chocolate cake!

Later that evening, Jake went missing. I walked around the house and couldn't find him. Then I saw his orange tshirt through the bushes. Here he is just chatting with the neighbor, Grandpa (that's what all the neighborhood kids call him). This kid is so funny. I think I mentioned before that we call him our "free range child."Hopefully we have some say in his up-bringing, but it unlikely. Just as comfortable as can be with Grandpa. He was even eating Grandpa's roll and asked please for his water as well. Of coarse Grandpa gave it to him which feeds his "free-rangedness." Such a nut. Grandpa is also a sweet, sweet man, who works on his his beautiful yard for most of the day. It never has anything out of place. I am sure he is not loving the white trash next door (us) with our long boards and shoes randomly dispersed across the lawn.

Jayne and Jake couldn't resist the sprinkler at Grandpa's house. What kid can? Check out the water in the evening sunlight. I should have grabbed my real camera.

Such fun to be a kid.



Saturday we took slow. Seth was home and tired from the his travelling schedule. Although he did really well, sleeping the whole night Friday to Saturday. But the sprinkler was turned on again and all the kids ran through it. Then the Johansen's pulled out their water fight equipment and that was the end of it. Hours of water fighting. Jake wouldn't even go down for a nap.



Kind of a scary crew if you ask me. Armed and dangerous.


Below is them preparing to meet their friend, Laura Weeks. Sam is in the background on the wall on watch out. He kept calling everyone troops. Laura had a very wet welcome.

Whitney and Sam at a stand off.


The Johansen's claim to be preparing for their summer family reunion water fight. My children as more that happy to help them prepare. Even the Weeks kids were good for 3 hours of water fighting. 



2 comments:

  1. Okay, you've outdone yourself again, this time with Jayne's help! Was just looking at our honeymoon pix in Honolulu...and we visited, and have pictures of, the Honolulu zoo....planning on visiting during our upcoming visit...

    The water fight pictures were great...those spontaneous neighborhood free-for-alls I remember as the absolute best! How fun! And Jakie with Grandpa next door...oh my...he probably made Grandpa's day!

    Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful family and life...

    Love you,

    Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to come and follow you around for a week. Forget the other Hawaii tourist attractions, I just want to watch you guys.

    ReplyDelete