Thursday, March 22, 2012

Have A Nice Time Fire Dancing Sam!



So I couldn't help but laugh when I posted on Facebook that I had just sent Sam off to Fire Knife Dance Class. It sounds funny, but our back door neighbor is a fire dancer at the Polynesian Cultural Center and he teaches a Fire Dance Class followed by a Knife Dance Class. He invited Sam yesterday to come to the PCC and join in. Sam was excited about it but when it came time for class, Jake was asleep. So I told Sam. Hop on you bike. Bike to the back entrance of the PCC, and then tell them you are here for the Fire Dance class, and then hopefully you can get in. I didn't think he would do it all by himself, but he said okay. I told him if he wasn't back in 15 minutes that I would assume he got in. An hour and 15 minutes later her showed up with his own fire stick and a huge smile. Being his mother, I was so proud of him to have the guts to go on his own and do this. Then then showed me the first two moves that he learned and told me when he goes back next week he gets a t-shirt. He practiced in the yard the rest of the night. He can't wait until next Wednesday. He said there was one other haole(white person) there out of the seven. I told him, no one at home was taking Fire Dance classes. So here he is with his first fire stick. This one won't be lit for a very long time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment