Monday, March 19, 2012

Nature Happens

Seth thought of the title of this post. So funny. I couldn't help myself. I had to take this picture. Sam had  caught a frog and Jake was just getting out of the shower. He hadn't even dried off. But the weather is warm, so its fine to go without the essentials. Jake was mesmorized by this frog and I think the frog was a bit startled to see such a white body. You can see by this picture they were trying to figure each other out. 

 I went to BYUH for spring term of my freshman year of college with two of my close friends. We had all left boyfriends behind on the mainland. We noticed when it would rain that the frogs would hop out to the street and get hit. Then they would get run over and squished flat. Then the sun would come out and dry up the flat frogs- like frog frisbees. We had some friends who worked in the copy center, so we took the dead dried frogs, got them laminated, and sent them home to our boyfriends. Awe, so sweet, laminated dried dead frogs. What else would would you want from Hawaii? Needless to say, only one of the three boyfriends was true love and my friend married him two years later. This frog above was just about the right size to be flattened into a frog frisbee. :)


Our little frog man with Sam's helmet on backwards. We'll try and not let him get play in the road when its raining.

2 comments:

  1. So funny! He is just an albino frog; that happens in nature.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! I love both pictures!

    ReplyDelete