Saturday, March 10, 2012

Rain, Frog Eggs, and Slug Tag


Sam taking flight across the flooded soccer fields on BYUH campus. 


Ellie and even Jake got in on the action. Jayne is a bit too clean for all the fun.


It is great to be a kid! Check out how deep Jake is in the water. I am sure my Dad is now figuring out what kind of diseases my children are getting by playing in the slug filled rain water.  Here they are playing slug tag. Meaning Sam getting handfuls of slugs and throwing them at the girls. It is great to be a kid! 


And these are the slugs used to play slug tag. Yummy says Sam. I know a cute friend in Seattle named Tess that would love to play some slug tag. :) As for me, I am out of the game. No slugs for me.




Okay, this is so gross (to me but not to them). They found these frog eggs. That is what they big slab of googie black noodles are- FROG EGGS. They were fascinated with them. Sam wanted to bring some home for a home school science experiment. I wasn't game for it (I know, bad teacher). But they sure had fun finding them and by my request, returning them to nature.


The girls with frog eggs. Even Jayne played with them. 

The rain continued. And we are use to be rain being from Seattle. But this was sheets of water coming down accompanied by lighting and thunderstorms all night. It was unbeleiveable. We woke up to these....


Our rental car in 6 inches of water. It was pretty cool. So we waded to the car to get Seth over to campus. The road to campus was closed because it was underwater, and so was the PCC. 


Here's what the alternate road looked like. A bit of water. Our house is on this road, but at the "high" end of the road. 


And this was the field the kids played in the day before with now 90% of it under water. The kids begged to go back for some boogie boarding, but I think Jones (aka Jake) would have had to swim through this time. 

At last the rains stopped. Our little town of Laie is starting to dry out. It is colder than normal and winds, but the rain has stopped. Both our beach house and our new house we are moving into had no flooding issues- phew. 

We are happy to have a place to move into next week, but we are still searching for a car. It a huge pain, I will admit. Had we known it was going to be such a pain, we would have shipped our car here. So send your prayers out for a car for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment