Sunday, March 25, 2012

Together

On Sunday's we miss dinner with our families, or FHE with our friends. We took a walk up the street to enjoy the beautiful grounds of the Temple. I took my camera (my real camera, that I don't always get to take due to 4 kids, sand, and water- I just can't juggle it). As I looked over the pictures and many pictures since, I notice a closeness between my children. These three weeks has changed us as a family. Not that we didn't love each other before, but our circle of friends and family are far away, so we're it- our family. The Temple also brings that feeling of family and we look forward with faith that we can be an eternal family. 



It's pictures like the  girls looking together or snuggling up for a picture. Or the picture of Sam and Jake sitting by the pool. It makes me grateful for my children, that they could be brave and enjoy one another. Not to say we don't fight or whine, because we do. But I am determine to not have any regrets. 

I think Jayne was suppose to be my mom's child (Grandma Dianne), because she always has a pose. Check this one to the left, I did  not ask for such a pose, but  she's got a new one for each picture. Seth has always said she'll be the first to leave us because she is full of confidence. A friend here said how great  Jayne was while playing with her children. She played with 3 different children, all different ages, throughout the day. She has a special gift that girl. And yet as we prepared to leave from Seattle she was very clingy to us. Not wanting to go to school or play dates, very unlike her. But I have noticed her worries have almost seem to vanish here. Its wonderful to have this blessing and the many great poses !
My Girls- Ellie has taken upon herself to become Jayne's hair stylist. Since Jayne hates getting her hair done, but won't fuss when Ellie offers, I am more that happy to hand over the brush. Jayne idolizes her big sister, and Ellie mostly tortures Jayne. But so it goes. But even these two have bonded together, loving to laugh until they can't talk anymore, or until Jayne runs to the bathroom because she's going to pee. When I found out I was having a girl with Ellie I was super intimidated, for many reasons. But when I found out I was having a second girl, I wasn't sure what to do. It was then my sister-in-law, Julie, who was the only girl in her family, told me that when she found out she was having another daughter, she cried, because then her daughter would have a sister. I love my sisters and glad that these two wild and extremely different girls have each other for sisters.

Wow how I love this picture of Sam and Seth. Sam is extra sensitive so Seth, and he also has the most understanding to our situation. And more that, he and Seth really get one another. Just like I get Ellie (that crazy girl). Seth is always giving me in sites to Sam, not because they have talked as much as Sam is his carbon copy. Sam has great questions and has shown such great strength of character in this Hawaiian adventure. At home I have two pictures in my living room. One is a picture of when Seth was little, and the other of Sam, at about the Sam age. They are interchangeable. No one could tell them apart. 
 This little man on the other hand, looks a bit like a Hale. Joel use to call him DeVon (my Dad) when he was littler and had no hair (ha-ha). He is so cute but lots of trouble as well. I am a bit sentimental about him since he is my baby. I really love this fun stage, despite its never ending business. I will miss his call to "tisses," when he goes around the room "tissing"(kissing) everyone- even if your a stranger or uncomfortable with mouth to mouth kisses. He pays no attention to the discomfort and kisses you on the smacker. He makes me smile.
 Together
 Together

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sweet Ams, I LOVED reading all about the Hawaiian adventure tonight! How we miss you guys! The pictures and your words are amazing. Thanks for sharing, I am so happy for your precious family time on the most beautiful North Shore. I still can't believe how big the kids are getting, crazy! Love all of you and say Hi to Seth and the kids for us! Nancy and Sam

    ReplyDelete