Saturday, March 31, 2012

Castle Beach, Beautiful and Bloody

Wow, we have been here for five weeks. I can't believe it. The days are long but the weeks are short. I have lost track of what day of the week it is. I only know when its Sunday because its church and Wednesdays because Sam has fire knife dance class. But ever since we came we have heard of Castle beach. We heard its the best friendly surfing and boogie boarding near by, even better than Pounders Beach. So we found it on Wednesday,  it is really close to where we live, and on Thursday went to see what the locals were raving about. It was fantastic.

Sam decided he wanted to try out his surfing. The waves are bigger here and less consistent than Kahana beach where we have been taking lessons. So he went out and tried his best and even caught a wave. Then he was heading back and a wave took him down and his surf board met his face, right in the nose. He came in gushing blood. My cousin was teasing me on Facebook that I am the kind of mom that takes a picture first before I help my kid, and I guess its true. But he wasn't even crying, just seriously bleeding. Uncle Micah commented that he didn't know that a bloody nose picture could be an action shot, but check out those drops of blood.


He ran back in the water to wash off the blood again and then we sacrificed a towel for his face. Again I was proud of him for taking care of it and then going out on the board again. Wow. Impressive. Both the bloody nose and Sam. 


 Later Sam buried Ellie deep in the heart shaped sand. She barely escaped it masterful work.
One of the funnest things of the day, and I am sad that I didn't get a picture, was Jayne learning to boogie board. She has been getting use to the ocean and then she learned to catch a wave. She learn to have timing and because she's so little it doesn't take much to give her a ride. I took her out first holding onto the leash and pulling her in and out of waves. Then I started letting her ride in by herself. The rest is history. She probably boogie boarded for two hours. No wonder she was hungry. It was great to fun, both to boogie board with her and watching her. This morning she woke up and asked again to go back to Castles. We are all looking forward to going back.

No comments:

Post a Comment