Friday, March 30, 2012

Surf Three

Surf three stands for "Three Kids Surfing."Yes Jayne got brave. Kahia, our surf teacher, told her that he has a six year old sister that surfs. But she wasn't convinced that it was a good idea. She kept telling me she would surf when Hailey, her cousin comes to visit in April. But yesterday we offered her again the chance to surf and she said yes. Kahia took her out and to have her practice, caught a wave with her with him on back of the board. She stood up and rode the wave all the way in. It was awesome. She was pumped and said she would go out again. She she took another ride, not as long, but she did great. My camera died, so all I had was my phone. So here's some crappy pictures, but it documents the occasion. Its great to be brave. Its great to have opportunities to be brave. Seth and I keep reminding ourselves this as we face different situations with the project. Sometimes we hop on a wave and even though it does take us very far, we're glad we were brave enough to try and ride it. 
Jayne on the front of the board paddling out. He took her a little father out than I thought he would, and I wondered if she was scared, but she never said anything after the adrenaline of surfing. 
 Catching the wave.
 Her getting up.
 Jayne surfing the wave.

 

I loved these pictures of the kids running out to congratulate her. You can tell she is telling them something. Way to go Jayne.

 She and Kahia running in after the second wave. Love this picture of her little body running in.
I zoomed in on this picture and it show her holding her arms to balance. Go Jayne!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love that your kids are surfing. Of course they are surfing! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete