Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Here We Go Friends

Hello My Dear Family and Friends. Here we go. As you know I am a terrible blogger. Terrible. But I am far away and I so badly want to communicate with all of you. So I am going to attempt blogging. Bare with me. It is going to be a journal for our trips as well, so again, bare with me.

Leaving our Seattle Home

We made it. On Friday, Feburary 24th, we sold our car at noon. We finished prepping the house with the help of many, and at 1 p.m. we walked out the door. It took 2 cars to get 9 bags, 6 carry ons, 4 children, Seth and I to the airport. There I accidently checked in Jake's carseat, so we waited a good 20 minutes and a very kind lady went down to luggage and retreived it for us. We fell into our seat on the plane, ready for a nap. We found that when Jakes carseat when strapped into the seat he could kick the seat in front of him. I knew this wasn't going to be good. 5 1/2 hours of Jake kicking the seat in front of him wasn't going to make any friends. So I held his feet until he feel asleep. Seth rented digiplayers(portable DVD players) for the kids to watch movies and we both fell asleep. Awe.

Jake being entertained by stickers on his face!

Jake woke up kicking, so I took him out to wrestle him for the next 4 hours. The kids were great thanks to Kristin T's candy/toy packed leis. Seth ate something bad at the airport so he chilled through the flight. Jake won the wrestling match and we were happy to arrive in Honoulu. A really big dude helped us load our 9 gianormous bags to the curb. He asked how long we were staying and I replied,"A week." He looked at me like I was crazy. Then I corrected myself and said 6 months. He laughed and I could tell felt a little better about the full cart of baggage we was pulling.

Zeb Weeks, Seth's childhood friend rented a BYUH van and picked us up at the airport. It was about an hour drive to Laie. We stayed at his house for the next two nights. He and his wife Daisy, who I had ment once before for about 30 mintues, opened their house to our family. They gave us their car to drive, food to eat, and beds to sleep in. They also have 5 children and live in a 4 bedroom duplex, but with us moving in they said finally they fit in. Most house holds had a couple families living together, so now we completed their house with the total of 4 adults and 9 children. Daisy is an awesome cook and spoiled us with each meal. They made us feel right at home which was such a blessing to for my kids to have instant friends, and for me a chance to lay down and take a breather. I actually had no choice, I was so tired. Tired and grateful that we made it here.


No comments:

Post a Comment